Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Works-For-Me-Wednesday Chops, Apples, and Stuffing




I love Works-For-Me Wednesday each week over at Rocks In My Dryer - helpful hints and totally cool tips to make our lives easier. Now that I've created a blog that has since been sitting here sad and alone, I thought I'd throw in a works-for-me item of my own. This week is about quick and easy meals and I'd like to share something I made for the first time just the other night. It isn't all that QUICK since it has too cook for a while in the oven, but takes minimum prep and only a few ingredients, making it very easy. That cooking time can be spent with homework or checkbook balancing or (if you're like me) online.

pork chops - I used 6 boneless chops cut from a pork loin I'd bought whole and had sliced (and less than $2 per pound)

stuffing mix - I used 2 boxes of stovetop cornbread stuffing

canned apples - I used a total of four cans - 2 cans of apple pie filling (one was ver y cinnamony, the other not so muich) and two cans of canned apple slices (found with the canned fruit at the grocery) It was what was in my pantry, but also a good combination. I think all pie filling would be too sweet.

Dump the apples into the bottom of a 13x9 pan and spread them out evenly.

Brown the chops in some olive oil on the stove, then lay them over the apples.

Prepare the stuffing per the package, then heap it evenly on top of each chop.

Bake in the oven at 375 for 45 minutes or so until the chops are done and the apples are bubbly.

There it is - the whole meal with only about 10 minutes of prep time to brown the chops and mix up the stuffing. My whole family loved it - I hope you do, too.
Now to see if I can make the linky linky thing works over at Rocks in My Dryer....

No comments: